Friday, May 8, 2009

Wake Up




But make sure that you don't get so absorbed and exhausted in taking care of all your day-by-day obligations that you lose track of the time and doze off, oblivious to God. The night is about over, dawn is about to break. Be up and awake to what God is doing! God is putting the finishing touches on the salvation work he began when we first believed. We can't afford to waste a minute, must not squander these precious daylight hours in frivolity and indulgence, in sleeping around and dissipation, in bickering and grabbing everything in sight. Get out of bed and get dressed! Don't loiter and linger, waiting until the very last minute. Dress yourselves in Christ, and be up and about! Romans 13:11 The Message


Get ready, the storm is almost over. Wake up, get a cup of coffee, meditate on the good things the Lord is about to do. Put on your armour and hit the road, you will be victorious.
Selah

5 comments:

Pam said...

Keep the TRUE WORD coming... Everytime I view your blog it either speaks to me personally or adds to what has been in my spirit. I love it, keep it coming. Thanks again for being obeying God and sharing his word with the world.

Anonymous said...

I love to read your words of encouragement. They make my day.

Anonymous said...

Great word today. It reminds me that I don't want to waste any time our Father has given me...I want to be about loving life and serving HIM :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the word today. It reminds me to not waste a single minute that our Father has given to us. I want to love life and serve Him with all my heart.
Keep up the good work in bringing God's word to life to us!

Brittany G. said...

How true is this word! We need to make a concious effort to meditate on God's word morning, noon and night and to not let the cares of this word uproot what the Lord has planted in us. God will finish the work that he has began in us! We must be willing to step out of the boat though, if we wanna walk on water. How encouraging it is to hear that the storm could be subsiding! Stronger we will be when we come out on the other side! Only that which is found on Jesus shall remain:)