Friday, June 5, 2009

Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message)


"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.


Today I will let my light shine into this world. I realize I am not the light but a reflection of the true light, and my job is to shine bright and bring out the God-colors in this world.


Today I will not be ashamed of the Gospel, I will not try to hide who I am in Christ. I will walk tall and be proud of who God made me to be. Everything I need to be able to stand on that lamp stand, He has already placed in me. I will stand boldly on that hill He places me and shine!


Today I will make God connections and be generous with my life so they may give my Father in heaven all the glory.


Be Blessed Today

1 comment:

Brittany G. said...

thanks for the confirmation! We need to always have a concious awarness that our confidence is in him and in nothing else, especially not ourselves! When we receive a true revelation of this reality then we can proclaim with faith "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13, and see the works to follow.