Friday, March 5, 2010

Nothing Is As It Appears

As I was riding in to work this morning and fellowshipping with the Lord I kept thinking about how nothing is as it appears. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I looked over to the corner of the room and the shadow that was very small would grow larger and larger by the minute until it appeared to be a monster. I would roll over and turn on my lamp only to find nothing. The monster that appeared to be in the corner of my room was only a shadow that appeared as something it was not as my fear grew stronger.

Today as I look at situations around me I can say "nothing is as it appears". Those problems that seem to be big as monsters are only trying to stop you from moving forward in God. That is their purpose, to appear stronger than they are. That is how they get strength, from your fear. They tell you how you can’t make it, how they will destroy and kill you if you make a move. They will speak curses over you and plant seeds of doubt in your heart. It's not as it appears!

Lord, open our eyes today and shine the light on everything around us. Lord, we will turn our eyes toward you today. Help us look into your eyes, help us look into your eyes of love. I ask for your help in renewing our minds so we are able to look at all of our situations through your eyes. I thank you today for giving us a new perspective on our futures and showing us that our futures are not as bad as they may appear. Lord, help us to move and operate in the authority that you have provided for us in the name of Jesus.

Amen

1 comment:

Pastor Chris said...

PJ, That is a good thought for today! I believe that we have what we think we have. God created us to be creators of this life, he gave us the authority to call forth those things that are not as thou they were. What a lot of time people do not realize is that the creative ability is not a light switch that is turned on and off. EX:The more we want to get out of debt..The more we have the want to get out of debt. The more we think the monster is going to get us. the bigger he gets. That is why it is so important to guard our hearts. Proverbs 4: 23 Above all else, guard your heart,for it is the wellspring of life. God bless you brother!