Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sustain


That word (sustain) has really been heavy on my heart for a week. You will find several definitions of the word sustain but this is the one that is speaking to me.

Sustain: to keep up or keep going, as an action or process. I guess this word is speaking to me now because in my own life I must find a way to sustain all the things that I have going on. You, as well as I, must realize if we were to stop doing what God has called us to do, it causes a ripple effect. Kinda like when you throw a rock into a lake, you initially see the splash as the rock enters the water, then you see the ripple of waves that flow out from the rock entering the water. If there was no rock that entered the water then you would have no waves. The same thing happens in our life when we are not able to sustain the work God has called us to. The wave of blessings that was flowing out of our work stops and so many people are effected. So we must continue to sustain the work that God has called us to no matter what obstacles seem to be in our way. We touch so many lives, some we do not even know about, and if we stop then it ultimately effects other people. Whatever your struggles are, God will handle that, but you must first cast your cares on him.

Psalm 55:22 says it best!
Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
Selah

No comments: